stop motion project



For my stop motion project, I have chosen to focus on appeal. I love to create characters and here there is an old grumpy professor, and a cheerful little cube version of the professor. The professor obviously is getting annoyed quickly and his eye rolls and continuous slapping of the white board exemplifies that. The students therefore don't understand the concept, and when the little cube explains it they understand. The cube is more cheerful and clearly funny by mocking the professor to get the students to pay attention. After they understand, he gloats a little by chuckling at the professor which then, of course, warrants an eye roll. These characters embody appeal because they don't even need to speak for an audience to understand their personality and their actions. They are very different characters which makes for an obvious and understandable contrast, which also creates some humor. I thought of the concept just because I wanted to experiment with something that represents a 3D object in a 2D production, and because I love math. I wanted the box to come to life, but at first I had no intentions of him teaching or mocking the professor. When I went to draw him out however, I thought it would be funny if he had the same mustache and glasses as the professor, and then after a while thought it would be funnier if he put them only jokingly as a costume. The animation overall took me 7 hours to execute, with about 2 hours of preproduction with making the actual props and about 1 hour on post production with the audio. I really enjoyed making this short and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Comments

Popular Posts